There are people who do not see well that the little ones are raised with animals. It seems to them a risk or an unnecessary source of bacteria. Nothing could be further from the truth. Raising a child with a pet will make our children grow up with more humility, empathy, and respect.
We explain the reasons.
1. That watchful look that takes care of me and the one I care for
The eyes of young children are hungry for stimuli. Of things to see, touch and with which to interact. The fact that, along with them, a pet is very early, will allow them to obtain the following benefits:
Having continuous stimulation different from that of the father or mother. Someone who always moves around him, a friend to caress or play with. Little creatures that always attend to them.
Animals are no stranger to the presence of the small family member, someone weaker and more delicate. There are many dogs that act as faithful protectors.
2. My friend teaches me to be responsible
There are fathers or mothers who adopt a pet on the condition that the child is responsible for it. Later, it is the parents who take care of the animal. Well, this should not be so, we explain why.
- Having an animal at home is everyone’s responsibility. Not only from children or only from parents, at all. Children should learn very early that the pet is a member of the family, and as such, has needs and deserves the same attention as everyone.
- Sharing the responsibility of these animals is a way to balance them among all. The dog or cat, will be the first living being that the child is going to take care of, will see him grow up with him, suffer from diseases, know that he feels cold and hungry like him … and that all this requires an obligation.
3. Optimal emotional development
Animals are great magicians of emotions. Who doubts it? They are faithful companions capable of giving us that smile when we need it most, that faithful friend who will sit next to us when we feel alone. Pets, dogs, cats … are those essential pieces that give us love for free. Without expecting anything in return.
If children grow up with them, they will develop their emotional skills more easily. They will have greater empathy to recognize if your animal is calm, cheerful or restless. You will know how important it is to respect others, the importance of caring, respecting, caressing, accompanying … they are great friends at any stage of their lives.
Do not forget that when it comes to raising a child with a pet, it is essential that you integrate the animal early with the child. If you take it away because you think it may harm you in some way, both the animal and the child will see the other with distrust. Let them relate to harmony. You will discover how beautiful this experience is.
To know more advice don’t miss to visit https://veterinarianfriscotx.com/.